The INTERLINK project is funded by the call “DT-GOVERNANCE-05-2018-2019-
Governance is being transformed by new approaches to delivering public services which allow for the involvement of citizens and various other actors. INTERLINK will overcome the barriers that hinder administrations to co-produce, reuse and share services with private partners (including citizens) by combining the advantages of two often opposed approaches: the “top-down” approach where Government holds primary responsibility for creating these services compliant with EU directives, sometimes seeking the support of citizens for a specific design or delivery tasks; and the “bottom-up” approach in which citizens self-organize and deliver grassroots services where government plays no active role in day-to-day activities but may provide a facilitating framework.
Specific project goals:
- To develop a new collaborative governance model based on partnerships between public administrations, citizens and companies.
- To provide a set of Interlinkers, digital enablers that will standardize the basic
functionalities needed by private actors to co-produce a service, in order to eliminate the technological barriers and foster the delivery of interoperable, inclusive, sustainable and ethical public services.
- To deliver the INTERLINK framework and operational platform, an open software system that will facilitate the co-production of services between PAs and private stakeholders.
- To identify the legal framework for co-creation and co-delivery of services, making sure INTERLINK enablers and governance models are compliant with EU regulations and are usable in cross-border services.
- To evaluate and assess the impact of the INTERLINK solution in three proof-of-concept use-cases representing meaningful and complementary examples of the class of services targeted by INTERLINK.
- Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Italy
- Universidad de la Iglesia De Deusto, Spain
- Tree Tech, Spain
- Radboud University, The Netherlands
- Cloud’n’Sci Ltd, Finland
- Universite Catholique de Louvain, Belgium
- Dedagroup Public Services Srl, Italy
- Italian Ministry of Economy and Finance, Italy
- Ministry of Environmental Protection and Regional Development of the Republic of Latvia
- Ayuntamiento de Zaragoza, Spain