You are here
Aging and Wellbeing
The team is involved in a number of research activities related to active aging, AAL and e-Inclusion and gained extensive experience in user requirement elicitation, design and evaluation of IT targeting the older population.
Friday, 30 January, 2015
i3 participated in several local and European project aiming at supporting older adults health and wellbeing. "ECOMODE" is a H2020 project just funded by the European Commission under the H2020-ICT-2014-1 call (topic ICT-22-2014). "SUITCASE" is a three-year project, carried out in partnership with a consortium of companies and research institutions aimed at developing innovative services for the welfare of citizens in their own home, with a focus on older adults. "NETCARITY" was an FP6 EU Project aimed at designing IT to help older people to improve their wellbeing, independence, safety and health at home. "FITCITY" was a two-years project aimed at promoting a physically active lifestyle through the use of a mobile application that integrates fitness assessments, gamification techniques and peer-pressure mechanisms. i3 team conduct Human-Centered Design research in relation to a number of tasks, such as user profile identification and end-user and stakeholder involvement, value-based design, user requirement elicitation, participatory design, low-fi prototypes development and service evaluation.
- Leonardi C., Not E., Pianesi P., Zancanaro M., Gennai F., Cristoforetti A. Knocking on Elders' Door: Investigating the Functional and Emotional Geography of their Domestic Space. In CHI 2009. (Download pdf)
- Zancanaro M. Gabrielli S., Jameson A. Leonardi C., Not E., Pianesi F. Virtual Helper or Virtual Card Player? Contrasting Responses of Older Users in Lecture Notes in Computer Science Volume 7407, 2013, pp 70-78
- Leonardi C., Albertini A., Pianesi F., Zancanaro M. An Exploratory Study of a Touch-based Gestural Interface for Elderly. In Proc. of NordiCHI - The 6° Nordic Conference on Human-Computer Interaction.
- Grönvall E., Giusti L., Leonardi C., Conci M. The intrinsic fragility of elderly care networks: five challenges in Participatory Design practice. In Workshop on Therapeutic Strategies - a Challenge for User Involvement in Design- held in conjunction with NordiCHI 2010.
- Silvia Gabrielli, Sergio Bellutti, Chiara Leonardi, Anthony Jameson, Single-User Tabletop Card Game System for Older Persons: General Lessons Learned From an In-Situ Study. In Proc. of IEEE TAbletops and Interactive surfaces 2008, Amsterdam.
- Leonardi Chiara, Not Elena, Mennecozzi Claudio, Pianesi Fabio, Zancanaro Massimo. Supporting Older Adults Social Network: the Design of E-inclusion Communication Services. 6th International Conference of the International Society for Gerontechnology, ISG`08 (pdf)
- Leonardi Chiara, Not Elena, Mennecozzi Claudio, Pianesi Fabio, Zancanaro Massimo. Getting older people involved in the process of Ambient Assisted Living research and development. 6th International Conference of the International Society for Gerontechnology, ISG`08 (pdf)
- Leonardi Chiara, Not Elena, Mennecozzi Claudio, Pianesi Fabio, Zancanaro Massimo. Designing a Familiar Technology For Elderly People. 6th International Conference of the International Society for Gerontechnology, ISG`08 (pdf)