You are here
The database consists of a collection of videos, divided into three categories:
- Human-Human Interaction
- Human-Machine Interaction
- In the first scenario, self-presentation, the subject is recorded while briefly introducing himself in front of a webcam mounted on a desktop monitor. The dataset contains 89 videos, with an average length of 1min30sec. Each subject filled in the Italian version of the Big Five personality questionnaire. For more details see (Batrinca et al, 2011a) and (Batrinca et al, 2011b).
- In the second scenario, Human-Human Interaction, the subject (Instruction Giver) sat in front of a computer monitor, on which a map was displayed. His/her task was to guide another person (confederate – Instruction Follower), in another room, by following the route marked on the map. The interaction was captured by a webcam mounted on the monitor and a lapel microphone. Four different behaviors were displayed by the confederate, which ranged from fully collaborative to fully non-collaborative. The dataset contains 35 videos, with an average length of approximately 4min/behavior. Each subject filled in the Italian version of the Big Five personality questionnaire. For more details see (Batrinca et al, 2012).
- In the third scenario, Human-Machine Interaction, the subject was interacting with a computer, and was told to guide it from the start point to the end point, according to the route marked on her/his map. Each subject filled in the Italian version of the Big Five personality questionnaire. The third scenario is almost identical to the second scenario. The only difference being that the subject was interacting with a computer (WoZ approach, where a human operator is simulating a robot with an artificially sounding voice). The dataset contains 54 videos, with an average length of aprox. 5min/behavior. The paper describing this dataset is currently under review. Please stay tuned or contact us for details.
If you are interessed in the dataset or one of its subsets, please contact Nadia Mana (mana AT fbk.eu).
- Batrinca, L. M., Mana, N., Lepri, B., Pianesi, F., & Sebe, N. (2011, November). Please, tell me about yourself: automatic personality assessment using short self-presentations. In Proceedings of the 13th international conference on multimodal interfaces (pp. 255-262). ACM.
- L. Batrinca, B. Lepri, F. Pianesi - Multimodal Recognition of Personality During Short Self- Presentations. International Workshop on Social Signal Processing 2011, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA.
L. Batrinca, B. Lepri, N. Mana, F. Pianesi - Multimodal recognition of personality traits in human- computer collaborative tasks. Proceedings of the 14th ACM International Conference on Multimodal Interaction - ICMI 2012, Santa Monica, California, USA.