You are here
- Phone: +39 0461 314585
- FBK Povo
Social scientist interested in engaging people in the design process of new technologies and ICT-based services. I developed skills in conducting user studies to support innovation processes in the field of e-inclusion services and Ambient Intelligence for health care services.
Since November 2004 I work as researcher at Fondazione Bruno Kessler. I am member of the i3 group, a multidisciplinary team composed of computer scientists, psychologists and social scientists, interested in developing advanced interfaces and knowledge technologies. Drawing on sociological qualitative methods my goal is to understand users’ needs and activities, envision novel technological solutions, iteratively evaluate design ideas with users.
- Leonardi C., Massa P., Zancanaro M., I'm here with my kids: investigating location sharing preferences of parents with young children, In Proc. of -CHI EA '14, 2014, pp. 2137-2142- CHI'14, Toronto, Canada
- Vescovi M. , Lepri B., Perentis C., Moiso C., Leonardi C. My Data Store: Toward User Awareness and Control on Personal Data, UbiComp '14 Adjunct Proceedings of the 2014 ACM International Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing, UbiComp '14 , 2014.
- Leonardi C., Zancanaro M., Doppio N., Caraviello M., Lepri B., Pianesi F. Exploring long-term participation within a living lab, Proceedings of the 8th Nordic Conference on Human-Computer Interaction Fun, Fast, Foundational - NordiCHI '14, ACM, 201 Helsinki, 2014.
- Leonardi C., Not E., Pianesi P., Zancanaro M., Gennai F., Cristoforetti A. Knocking on Elders' Door: Investigating the Functional and Emotional Geography of their Domestic Space. In CHI 2009. (Download pdf)
- Zancanaro M. Gabrielli S., Jameson A. Leonardi C., Not E., Pianesi F. Virtual Helper or Virtual Card Player? Contrasting Responses of Older Users in Lecture Notes in Computer Science Volume 7407, 2013, pp 70-78
- Leonardi C., Albertini A., Pianesi F., Zancanaro M. An Exploratory Study of a Touch-based Gestural Interface for Elderly. In Proc. of NordiCHI - The 6° Nordic Conference on Human-Computer Interaction.
- Grönvall E., Giusti L., Leonardi C., Conci M. The intrinsic fragility of elderly care networks: five challenges in Participatory Design practice. In Workshop on Therapeutic Strategies - a Challenge for User Involvement in Design- held in conjunction with NordiCHI 2010.
- Silvia Gabrielli, Sergio Bellutti, Chiara Leonardi, Anthony Jameson, Single-User Tabletop Card Game System for Older Persons: General Lessons Learned From an In-Situ Study. In Proc. of IEEE TAbletops and Interactive surfaces 2008, Amsterdam.
- Leonardi Chiara, Not Elena, Mennecozzi Claudio, Pianesi Fabio, Zancanaro Massimo. Supporting Older Adults Social Network: the Design of E-inclusion Communication Services. 6th International Conference of the International Society for Gerontechnology, ISG`08 (pdf)
- Leonardi Chiara, Not Elena, Mennecozzi Claudio, Pianesi Fabio, Zancanaro Massimo. Getting older people involved in the process of Ambient Assisted Living research and development. 6th International Conference of the International Society for Gerontechnology, ISG`08 (pdf)
- Leonardi Chiara, Not Elena, Mennecozzi Claudio, Pianesi Fabio, Zancanaro Massimo. Designing a Familiar Technology For Elderly People. 6th International Conference of the International Society for Gerontechnology, ISG`08 (pdf)