You are here
NetCarity is a European project researching and testing technologies which will help older people to improve their wellbeing, independence, safety and health at home. The project investigated how new and existing technologies can be integrated cost effectively into people's homes, making them feel more comfortable about remaining in this familiar environment
i3 Research Unit took care of involving older adults in the UCD process of Ambient Assisted Living. We collaborated with older citizens to design and test communication technologies for independent life. Through the use of cultural probes, personas-based scenarios and contextual inquiries we investigated new class of domestic technologies to enhance older adults well-being at home. An e-inclusion prototype - the MobiTable - designed to support elders social network has been implemented and tested with a network of senior citizens living in Trentino Area.
- Leonardi C., Not E., Pianesi P., Zancanaro M., Gennai F., Cristoforetti A. Knocking on Elders' Door: Investigating the Functional and Emotional Geography of their Domestic Space. In CHI 2009. (Download pdf)
- Zancanaro M. Gabrielli S., Jameson A. Leonardi C., Not E., Pianesi F. Virtual Helper or Virtual Card Player? Contrasting Responses of Older Users in Lecture Notes in Computer Science Volume 7407, 2013, pp 70-78
- Leonardi C., Albertini A., Pianesi F., Zancanaro M. An Exploratory Study of a Touch-based Gestural Interface for Elderly. In Proc. of NordiCHI - The 6° Nordic Conference on Human-Computer Interaction.
- Grönvall E., Giusti L., Leonardi C., Conci M. The intrinsic fragility of elderly care networks: five challenges in Participatory Design practice. In Workshop on Therapeutic Strategies - a Challenge for User Involvement in Design - held in conjunction with NordiCHI 2010.
- Silvia Gabrielli, Sergio Bellutti, Chiara Leonardi, Anthony Jameson, Single-User Tabletop Card Game System for Older Persons: General Lessons Learned From an In-Situ Study. In Proc. of IEEE TAbletops and Interactive surfaces 2008, Amsterdam.
- Leonardi Chiara, Not Elena, Mennecozzi Claudio, Pianesi Fabio, Zancanaro Massimo. Supporting Older Adults Social Network: the Design of E-inclusion Communication Services. 6th International Conference of the International Society for Gerontechnology, ISG`08 (pdf)
- Leonardi Chiara, Not Elena, Mennecozzi Claudio, Pianesi Fabio, Zancanaro Massimo. Getting older people involved in the process of Ambient Assisted Living research and development. 6th International Conference of the International Society for Gerontechnology, ISG`08 (pdf)
- Leonardi Chiara, Not Elena, Mennecozzi Claudio, Pianesi Fabio, Zancanaro Massimo. Designing a Familiar Technology For Elderly People. 6th International Conference of the International Society for Gerontechnology, ISG`08 (pdf)